- Explosives: Aluminum powder burns very brightly and is used to create different flash effects in fireworks displays by using different grades of powder. It is also used in a similar capacity as an ingredient in blasting agents used in commercial mining.
- cosmetic colorant
- in paints as metallic silver pigment
- Fingerprint powder: used at crime scenes to develop latent fingerprints on smooth, non-porous surfaces
- Rocket and missile fuel: combined with its high reactivity and combustible nature means that when used as a solid fuel it can be used in large amounts, providing a large amount of thrust for relatively little cost
- production of Autoclave aerated concrete.
- Aluminum powder is also used to create a thick paste that is painted onto the back of photovoltaic solar cells to make them conductive.